Saturday, January 25, 2020

Friendship is a blessing

Hello stampers,
     WOW, it's been a long time since I put stamps to paper! The last 4.5 months of 2019 were a whirlwind between traveling to take care of things for my dad's estate, getting our new house ready to move in & then to actually move in. Most of the house has been put back together except for my craft room but at least I have current stuff accessible & the spare bedroom.
     So I've really been having a hard time getting back into actually stamping (buying has been no problem HAHA!) I usually just stare & if I do start something it's not something I like. So I decided to look to tutorials on using my blends again & I found a video from Patty Bennett where she colors a rose in using Light/Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark Cherry Cobbler & Light Calypso Coral. She was trying to make it look lifelike like her garden & the rose turned out beautiful, so I tried my hand again & again until I was able to come up with something that I even remotely liked. So I hope you like it!
     For this card, I used the Lovely Lily Pad Stamp Set from Sale-A-Bration & So Sentimental Stamp Set from the new mini catalog. I stamped the lily pad & flower on Whisper White Cardstock on top of the Blends colors above I used Light/Dark Old Olive with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I stamped the sentiment with Old Olive Ink. I then layered the stamped piece onto Old Olive Cardstock, followed by a layer of Daffodil Delight Cardstock that I dry embossed with the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder from the mini catalog before attaching all of this to a Whisper White Cardstock base.




~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!