Wednesday, January 23, 2019

BSU012319

Hello stampers,
     So at the beginning of the year we decided to change up a few of our BSU challenges, to continue to challenge ourselves & not fall into a rut. Although I've been in a stamping rut for awhile, I do my best to keep up with these challenges. We hope you join us on our FB Broke Stamper Unite Challenges page, we'd love to see what you make.
     This week's challenge was changed from a sketch to #simplestamping challenge, it's a social media challenge that was thought up by Stampin' Up! to show new stampers how easy & fun stamping can be by challenging the demonstrators each month. Now, BSU may or may not follow the exact challenge but we'll at least get back to the basics of making simple, easy cards.
     I started this card as a Valentine's Day card but it soon switched over to an anniversary card since my husband & I will celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. YIKES, I feel old even saying that! To start this card off I began with the stamping on Whisper White Cardstock. I used the retired Sweet & Sassy Framelits to make a mask to stamp over the heart using a new Occasions Catalog set called To Have & To Hold with Memento Black Ink. Before removing my mask I outlined the heart with the Light Pool Party Stampin' Blends & colored it in. I used the Light Daffodil Delight, Light Night Of Navy, Bronze & the retired Ivory Stampin' Blends to color in the couple. I then added a sentiment from the set using Memento Black Ink, before attaching it to a Pool Party Cardstock base. This card was very easy to make & the good thing about it is you could really use anything to color it in (markers, chalks, watercoloring, etc.)

Card Measurements
  • Pool Party base-5.5"x8.5"
  • Whisper White layer-4"x5.25"
  •      Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

    ~Thanks for stopping by!
    All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!