Thursday, January 17, 2019

BSU011619

Hello stampers,
     I hope everybody is doing well, we are bracing for a significant amount of snow this weekend. I'm hoping it's on the lower end than the higher end I guess I'll just have to wait & see. So there is a very good chance that we will be moving in the very near future, so hubby has decided to start purging & packing things now so we can get some of the things we need to finish the house before we sell. Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to packing everything up especially my stamp room.
     So I managed to sit down & focus on yesterday's BSU challenge which was the Spotlight Technique. This was one of my favorite techniques back in the day! I started with a Daffodil Delight Cardstock base, where I used one of the Petal Pairs TIEF to emboss down the center of the card. Next, I stamped the big daffodil stamp from the You're Inspiring Stamp Set onto Whisper White Cardstock using Memento Black Ink. To do the spotlight, I stamped the part of the stamp that I wanted to color onto a scrap piece of cardstock as above then colored in the section I wanted with Light/Dark Daffodil Delight & Light Old Olive Stampin' Blends before punching it out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. I backed the circle with Old Olive Cardstock that I had punched out using the 1 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch before lining it up with the Memento Black ink part. This was then backed by a layer of Old Olive Cardstock.

Card Measurements
  • Daffodil Delight base- 5.5"x8.5"
  • Old Olive layer- 3"x4.25"
  • Whisper White layer- 3"x4"
  •      Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

    ~Thanks for stopping by!
    All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!