Wednesday, September 20, 2017

BSU092017

Hello stampers,
     This week's BSU challenge is a color challenge & we decided to go with a fall color theme of Crushed Curry, Cajun Crazem, Garden Green, Early Espresso & Very Vanilla. I had absolutely no idea what set I was going to use I thought about Lovely As A Tree, until I saw the Painted Harvest on my desk yelling at me to "Pick ME, Pick ME!" So then I hummed & hawed over what I could possibly do to use these colors with this set & then it just started working out as I stamped.
     I started with a Garden Green Card Stock base, followed by layers of Cajun Craze Card Stock & Crushed Curry Card Stock. For the main stamp piece, I used the Painted Harvest Stamp Set stamped the sunflower back ground using Crushed Curry Ink & rotating it a bit & stamping a 2nd time. I followed that up with the top stamp using Cajun Craze Ink. And thought this could really work! The inside of the sunflower was stamped with Early Espresso Ink. For the fern leaves, I stamped the background stamp with Garden Green Ink stamped off once before stamping on the paper, then followed with the detailed stamp full force. For the sentiment, I used Garden Green Ink, then for the acorns I used Early Espresso Ink, stamped off once for the base of the acorn. To finish the sentiment, I sponged on the top & bottom of the piece using Crushed Curry Ink & backed it with Cajun Craze Card Stock.
     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!