Wednesday, January 11, 2017

BSU011117

Hello stampers,
     Happy Wednesday everyone! Today's BSU challenge is a technique & we are going old school back to when Joseph's Coat was all the rage. This was much more simpler than I remember it, but then again I'm not really a technique type of girl unless it is easy & this was pretty simple.
     For this card, I chose to use the new Dragonfly Dreams Stamp Set from the Occasions catalog. I LOVE dragonflies! When we lived overseas, I always knew when a storm was coming because they always came out to warn us ahead of time. I started with a 2.75 x 3.5 sized piece of Whisper White Card Stock, I sponged the middle of this piece with Emerald Envy Ink & either side with Marina Mist Ink. I then stamped the dragonfly in the middle using VersaMark Ink, then covered it with Clear Embossing Powder & heat set it. *TIP* make sure you use your embossing buddy before stamping it, I couldn't find mine so I had to use a paintbrush to take off all the excess since it stuck to the sponged ink. I then went over the whole piece with Memento Black Ink, which with the clear embossing made the colors I had sponged earlier pop. This was then layered onto a piece of Marina Mist Card Stock. For the base, I used Emerald Envy Card Stock, stamping the dots from the set in Emerald Envy Ink along one side & then stamped one of the sentiments from the set in Memento Black Ink.
     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!