Friday, June 17, 2016

BSU061516

Hello stampers,
     Happy Friday! It looks like all of the BSU girls are behind this week on showing you our are creations.
     This week's theme was a color combo theme using So Saffron, Rose Red, Wild Wasabi & Whisper White. Now I must say I haven't used a lot of Rose Red since it got moved to the Regal colors, so I had no idea how I was going to use it with this card.
     I started out using Wild Wasabi Card Stock as the base of my card, followed by a layer of Rose Red Card Stock that I had dry embossed using the Big Shot and the retired Tiny Triangles TIEF. Next, I used a new set in the catalog called Sweet Cupcake which is a 2-step (really 3-step) stamp set. I stamped the wrapper of the cupcake with Wild Wasabi Ink, the first part was stamped off once then the second step I used full ink, then used So Saffron Ink as the 1st layer of the icing, followed by Rose Red Ink stamped off once onto Whisper White Card Stock. I stamped a sentiment from the same set using Rose Red Ink. Lastly, I layered this with So Saffron Card Stock before adhering it to the rest of the card.
     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!