Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Watercoloring Help Me Grow

Hello stampers,
     Happy Tuesday y'all! Today I'm going to show you a card I did at one of Kerri's classes that focused on some basic techniques, ones that I rarely use.
     We started with a Perfect Plum Card Stock base followed by an Elegant Eggplant Card Stock layer. We then took a layer of Watercolor Paper, punching the corners with the Curvy Corner Trio Punch. Next, we stamped the flowers from the Helping Me Grow Stamp Set with Stazon Black Ink, then using the Aqua Painters with Perfect Plum & Old Olive Ink began to watercolor. I've never really been good using these pens to watercolor & add dimension with lighter to darker colors, but I think I did okay with this. Finally, we cut a thin piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock, punched one end using the Banner Punch, then sponged around the whole banner with Perfect Plum Ink, before adding in the sentiment from the set in the same ink.
     
~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Helping Me Grow
Ink/Markers: Stazon Black, Perfect Plum, Old Olive
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Other: Banner Punch, Curvy Corner Trio, Aqua Painters
Technique: Watercoloring

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!