Wednesday, April 13, 2016

BSU041316

Hello stampers,
     Welcome back to another week of BSU challenges. This week is all about the technique- Baby Wipe Technique that is! Have you ever tried it? It looks like there are a few ways to do it now, but the way I learned it way back when is using re-inkers & a baby wipe to make your very own stamp pad & that is the way I chose to do it for today's challenge.
     Before starting to make my card I folded my baby wipe twice into a small square, then added from darkest to lightest (hard to tell if turquoise or plum was the darkest) Tempting Turquoise, Perfect Plum & Daffodil Delight Reinkers. For this card, I decided to use the Garden In Bloom Stamp Set, using the fuller stamp I pressed it into my pad then onto Whisper White Card Stock, which makes a pretty cool effect. I would use no more than 3 re-inkers as it could end up looking muddy. I then took the fuller leaf stamp & stamped that using Old Olive Ink. After all the colored stamping was done I went back with my line stamps & stamped over the flowers & leaves using Memento Black Ink. I then added the sentiment from the set again using Memento Black Ink. As a final touch, I placed White Perfect Accents in the middle of each flower, which I colored with our retired Daffodil Delight Blendabilities. Lastly, I layered the stamped piece with Perfect Plum Card Stock, finishing it up with the card base of Tempting Turquoise Card Stock.
     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Garden In Bloom
Ink/Markers: Tempting Turquoise, Perfect Plum, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Memento Black
Paper: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Tempting Turquoise
Other: White Perfect Accents, Daffodil Delight Blendabilities (retired)
Technique: Baby Wipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!