Sunday, February 28, 2016

BSU022416

Hello stampers,
     Sorry everyone, this week was really hectic & I'm just now realizing this never posted on Wednesday like it should have.
     This week's BSU challenge is to focus on the Rose Wonder Stamp Set. I must say that I really liked this set in the catalog, but now that I have gotten it I'm a little intimidated by it, I'll have to work with it some more to see if this is a set I'll actually use with the framelits.
     I started with a Daffodil Delight Card Stock base then followed it with the stamp piece on Whisper White Card Stock. I stamped the rose with the new archival Basic Gray Stamp Pad, coloring it in with the retired Stampin' Pastels. I've recently been working a lot with the chalks & watercoloring, but I thought this was a bit too big to try my hand at watercoloring. I chose to use Daffodil Delight for the rose, (the Yellow Rose of Texas popped into my head as soon as the ink hit the paper) the leaves were colored in using Old Olive. The sentiment also from the set was stamped using Old Olive Ink.
     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Rose Wonder
Ink/Markers: Basic Gray, Old Olive, Stampin' Pastels
Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!