Thursday, November 12, 2015

Winter Sheltering Tree

Hello stampers,
     Happy Thursday! Today will be a day of waiting, as I take my foster kitties in to get some extensive dental work done, poor babies! They've gone through a lot in a month, first losing their home due to their owner going into assisted living, ear infections & finally their teeth being addressed. I'll be sitting here at home just as nervous as I would be if they were part of my clan, holding my breath until the vet calls & says everything went well.
     Today's card is another card I got to make at Kerri & Mary's stamp-a-stack. We started with a Smoky Slate Card Stock front, stamped it first in Craft White Ink using the Sheltering Tree Stamp Set for the snowbanks & leaves of the tree, waited for that to dry (could speed up that process by heat setting). Once it was dry we used Memento Black Ink for the tree trunk & also the sentiment from the More Merry Messages Stamp Set.  Not that you would notice without me telling you but I happened to get the edge on the sentiment, so I improvised using Rhinestone Jewels to cover that section, then randomly added a few to the card. Following the stamped image layer we used Basic Black Card Stock &Whisper White Card Stock for the base of the card
  
~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Sheltering Tree, More Merry Messages
Ink/Markers: Basic Black, Craft White
Paper: Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: Rhinestone Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!