Sunday, October 11, 2015

Holiday Catalog Swap

Hello stampers,
     Hidey-ho it's Monday! For today's card I'll be showing you a card I did for a recent Holiday Catalog Swap. I haven't gotten all the other cards ready yet, so it's only my card but if I get them all done I'll try to get another post out today with some of them, but definitely tomorrow you'll have some more examples from this wonderful mini.
     It took me a bit to figure out which set I wanted to use for this card, then it came down to what color to use. I ended up choosing the Reason For The Season Stamp Set as I had just gotten it prior to this swap & wanted to try it out. I started out with a Island Indigo Card Stock base, followed by a layer of Soft Sky Card Stock which I had stamped with Soft Sky Ink & the poinsettia outline stamp. Next, I cut a layer into the Soft Sky Card Stock with the Lots of Labels Framelits, then cut out the inside part using Whisper White Card Stock to be inlaid into it. On the stamped piece, I stamped the poinsettia outline using Memento Black, colored in the poinsettia first with a Soft Sky Marvelous Marker, stamped the inner piece with Island Indigo Ink, then colored in the leaves with an Old Olive Marvelous Marker. Before attaching this piece to the card I thought the white was a little to bright for me so I stamped it with the splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set in Soft Sky Ink stamped off once, which added a bit of texture to it. Finally, I added 2 Rhinestone Jewels to either side & then used the Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details for the middle of flower.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Reason For The Season, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink/Markers: Soft Sky, Island Indigo, Old Olive, Memento Black
Paper: Soft Sky, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Other: Rhinestone Jewels, Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details, Lots of Labels Framelits
Technique: Inlaid 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!