Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Make A Wish

Hello stampers,
     Hope you are having a wonderful day today! I believe I got my computer & internet syncing again, but just in case I'll try to keep this post short.
     The final swaps I worked on are starting to be returned, so I thought I would as least share what I did. Today's card is all about birthdays with bright colors. I used to be a bright girl, but not so much so this card was a bit harder to assemble because I don't have a lot of bright embellishments, but I did manage to work through that & here is my card.
     Starting with the base of the card I used Old Olive Card Stock. Next I used Melon Mambo Card Stock that had been run through the Big Shot to emboss it with the Decorative Dots TIEF. For the stamped piece, I used 2 sets Cupcake Party & Perfect Pennants, stamping the bases of the cupcake in Old Olive Ink & the tops with Daffodil Delight & Melon Mambo Ink, which I finished with the Brights Candy Dots in alternating colors. For the sentiment, I used markers in each of the colors for each line. I made the layer for this a bit wider than I usually would do, because I had planned to something else & probably forgot by the time I started assembling it, but I think it works. Finally before assembling the card, I added White Twine to the Melon Mambo layer. I hope you enjoy this card & I will post the other swappers cards as soon as I get them in the mail.

~Enjoy
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Perfect Pennants, Cupcake Party
Ink/Markers: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Old Olive
Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Old Olive
Other: Bright Candy Dots, White Twine, Decorative Dots TIEF

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a lovely card....! Great Job on the swap cards, Thank You so much for participating.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!