Monday, March 2, 2015

Love Is Kindness

Hello stampers,
     Happy Tuesday! For today's card I played with the blendabilities again. I'm not sure I'll ever get the hang of blending, I remember an online friend teaching a class on this many years ago using the Marvelous Markers during VC Rocks, I just have to remember the tips she gave like- "Figure out where the light would shine on your image." Even though I'm not a colorer, I have figured out one thing I like better with these pens, you don't see the streaking like you do with the other markers. So even if I never figure out how to blend at least this will be a plus with the colors I currently have.
     For today's card, I again went with a Very Vanilla Card Stock base. Yes, I know this is very rare since I am a big Whisper White fan, but thought I would start giving some love to the Vanilla. The next layer I used Rich Razzleberry Card Stock, embossed with the Spring Flowers TIEF. I'm not sure exactly why I decided not to do a full layer of Old Olive Card Stock, but when I laid the stamped piece on top I like that it didn't have a top or bottom piece to it. For the top layer, I again used Very Vanilla, stamped it with the Love Is Kindness Stamp in Memento Black. I then colored it in using the Rich Razzleberry & Skin Tone Blendabilities & Old Olive Marvelous Marker.

~Enjoy
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Love Is Kindness
Ink/Markers: Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities, Skin Tone Blendabilities, Old Olive, Memento Black
Paper: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Other: Spring Flowers TIEF
Technique: Dry Embossing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!