Monday, March 9, 2015

Butterfly Basics Birthday

Hello stampers,
     I hope y'all have had a great start to your Monday if you happen to read this before your day starts. Me? It's a pretty good bet that I'm still in bed as I tend to be a night owl than an early bird. Tonight, is actually the first night in several days that I've managed to stay up & not have a migraine so I'll knock on wood to be able to finish all that I need to do. It wasn't the nicest of weekend for either myself or my hubby, my migraines & his vertigo, we make such a great couple, so needless to say not much got done. I did manage to make it to another of Kerri's classes last week so I have lots to show between that class & February's.
     In  fact, the card for today is from last months class. To start the card we made the base out of Blackberry Bliss Card Stock. Next layer we used Whisper White Card Stock to stamp some images from the new Butterfly Basics Stamp Set. We stamped the beehive looking stamp in Sahara Sand Ink as a background then layered the plant stamp on top using Mossy Meadow Ink. We then got to play with the new Butterflies Thinlets, using the new dryer sheet "technique" boy does that make it WAY easier to get rid of all those little cut-outs. For the butterfly we used Blackberry Bliss Card Stock & added a Jewel Rhinestone to the middle of it for some bling. Finally, we stamped the words onto Vellum using the Memento Black Ink. Voila, another card made!


~Enjoy
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Butterfly Basics
Ink/Markers: Sahara Sand, Mossy Meadow, Memento Black 
Paper: Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Vellum
Other: Butterflies Thinlets, Jewel Rhinestones
Technique: Die Cutting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!