Thursday, February 26, 2015

SFF022715

Hello stampers,
     Happy Frenzy Friday! I hope you've had a better week than I have, we are on record to be the coldest February ever recorded just a few more days until we say good-bye to that & hopefully start warming up a bit. On top of that, I think anything I touched yesterday just went flying- picked up marker case to move it & there goes markers, tried putting stamps cases on a shelf they came tumbling down (so happy they were mostly the photopolymer stamps!) luckily I didn't pick up anything breakable, would've hated trying picking all that up. Hoping today will be a bit better & I get a chance to stamp!
     I've realized I don't have a lot of current masculine type stamps anymore, which isn't good when you need a few to make cards for the men in your life, good thing they don't know that most of what they get is retired. However, I did just buy the Guy Greetings Stamp Set in the Occasions catalog, so we'll see how if I like the set better in person than in the catalog, at least I have a few examples that I've liked out on the web.
     As you may have guessed with my rambling, I made a masculine card for today's sketch using the Guy Greetings Stamp Set. I stamped the car from the set onto Very Vanilla Card Stock using the Memento Black Ink Pad, than coloring the car with Crumb Cake Blendabilities & the Basic Black Marvelous Marker. I then punched that the car out with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch, then backed it with Early Espresso Card Stock which was cut out using the Starburst Framelits. For the 2nd layer, I ran Very Vanilla Card Stock through the Big Shot to dry emboss that piece using the Argyle TIEF, this piece was then adhered to the Early Espresso Card Stock base. For the banners I fussy cut a 1/2" piece of Early Espresso, Soft Suede & Crumb Cake Card Stock, adding some of the words from the above set to the final banner & adhered them to the embossed piece. Once all that was put together, I added the car piece using Stampin' Dimensionals. Voila!
     This week's sketch was created by Kim Innis, Hop on over to the SFF blog & check out what the other team members did. Better yet, make your own card based on the sketch below & add your link to this week's challenge. Happy sketching & enjoy your weekend!


~Enjoy
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Guy Greetings
Ink/Markers: Memento Black, Basic Black, Crumb Cake Blendabilities
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Other: 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Starburst Framelits, Argyle TIEF, Stampin' Dimensionals
Technique: Dry Embossing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!