Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bloom With Hope

Hello stampers,
     Happy Wednesday, y'all! I hope y'all are having a wonderful day! I'm working on a mixture of things- cards, paperwork, catching up on emails & avoiding the stamp room re-vamping. All the things that will keep me indoors & warm.
     Today's card is the last of the cards from Kerri's January class. It's a very simple card for a very hard time. I so don't like doing Sympathy cards, I'm sure no one really does. I do keep a few in my card stash, so when the need arises I can send them on there way without much time lapse. Starting at the base, we used Smoky Slate Card Stock, than stamped the big flower from the Bloom With Hope Stamp Set in the lower right corner & on top stamped the words in Memento Black Ink. We then die-cut the Whisper White & Rich Razzleberry Card Stock with the Banner Framelits. On the Whisper White Card Stock, we stamped another flower from the set using Memento Black Ink, colored the flowers in with Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities & an Old Olive Marvelous Marker. After coloring, we took the splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set & used Smoky Slate Ink stamped off once & stamped them in the upper & lower corner. Finishing the card we added a Rich Razzleberry 1/4" Cotton Ribbon bow with a Stampin' Dimensional.
     This was the first time I have used the blendabilities. Jury is still out, I'm not a colorer, but I did order a few sets from my SAB order that should be here today, so I will do my best to play around with them.

~Enjoy
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Bloom With Hope, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink/Markers: Smoky Slate, Memento Black, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities
Paper: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Slate
Other: Rich Razzleberry 1/4" Cotton Ribbon, Banner Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!