Sunday, April 29, 2018

VC Rocks April Blog Hop

Hello stampers,
     Today's card is actually a sneak peak for tomorrow's VC Rocks Blog Hop to kick off VC Rocks! What is VC Rocks? It is a yahoo group of demos & customers alike that celebrates the new Stampin' Up! catalog every year. The blog hop actually goes live on Monday at noon EST, so as a follower you get to view my card first.
     So the theme of this months blog hop is "Fun With One Color" which will feature monochromatic designs using any number of inks/papers/embellishments in a single color scheme. White, Vanilla or Black are a neutral color you can use. WOW this was a bit difficult to narrow down a color! I wanted to use 1 color because I could pair it with another besides a neutral, but I re-read the instructions & had to switch to another color that was easier to use alone. So I chose the next best color- Lemon Lime Twist!
     I started off with a Basic Black Card Stock base, followed by a layer of Lemon Lime Twist Card Stock that I had stamped with the Lemon Zest Stamp Set in the same color ink. Next, I took a scrap piece of Whisper White Card Stock & Basic Black Card Stock ran them through the Big Shot to die cut them using the Layering Squares Framelits with both the plain & the scallop square. I then sponged Lemon Lime Twist Ink onto the scrap white piece using the Pattern Party Decorative Masks. On another scrap of Whisper White Card Stock, I stamped the full lime/lemon using Lemon Lime Twist then did a bit more sponging on the limes to not have a lot of white show through. Using the Lemon Builder Punch, I punched out the limes first then took a scrap piece of Lemon Lime Twist Card Stock to punch out the leaves before sponging around the leaves with the ink. Before assembling the card I added the sentiment to the lime & background using the same set. Talking about using 1 set, 1 main color & 2 neutrals although not all required I think I did a pretty good job.
     Continue on your way to see what Tania did on her blog HERE! Or you can head back to the VC Rocks blog to see any additional posts from members who don't have blogs or to make sure you didn't miss any hoppers HERE.
     
~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

7 comments:

  1. Great card. Thanks for taking part

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job, Terri! I can't believe it will be another year and this color will go away. This is such a fun use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card! I almost posted a card I made with this set, but I realized it wasn't monochromatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have over looked this set I may need to break down and get it. I love the Lemon Lime Twist and Black. Your card is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this set, and this card is fantastic! I don't own it yet, but I'm feeling an order coming on, lol. Thanks for sharing@

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. You can almost smell the lime.

    Carey Rogers
    Mother of Musky and Leo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!