Tuesday, January 9, 2018

BSU011017

Hello stampers,
     I hope everyone has had a great start to the New Year. My hubby went back to work & my mom went home last week, so I'm catching up with stamping & putting all my new sets together. Today's BSU challenge is theme based & we decided to go with Birthdays. Who doesn't need birthday cards? Have you made any stamping resolutions this year? I'm going to try once more to get cards out for everyones birthdays this year that I have on my calendar, so we'll see how it goes.
     For my card I decided to use the new SAB Heartfelt Blooms Stamp Set. At some point a card came into view either through social media or someone's blog of this set with almost a sepia look to it. I decided I was going to try my hand at recreating it, but instead since I couldn't find it I made it my own. I started with a Daffodil Delight Card Stock base, which I stamped a sentiment from the Beautiful Day Stamp Set in Soft Suede Ink. Next, I used Whisper White Card Stock to stamp the flower image in Soft Suede Ink. But instead of leaving it as is, I took my Light Daffodil Delight, Light Old Olive, Light Pink Pirouette & Light Pumpkin Pie Blends & colored in the image, before attaching it to a Soft Suede Card Stock layer & attaching it to the card. I don't know if it is the Soft Suede Ink but I do like how the softness of the blends makes this card look.
     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!