Thursday, November 9, 2017

BSU110817

Hello stampers,
     I'm a day late on the BSU challenge this week, I had a hard time on this week's challenge which was a technique. Once again we went old school & chose a technique that was done in the past but not so much anymore which is kissing. Where you stamp a solid stamp onto a textured background & then onto paper the solid image will carry the textured background. It's all good in theory except when you don't have too many solid stamps vs. good background stamps.
     I decided to head into Christmas since I really need to start on those cards in hopes of getting them out in time. I started with a Marina Mist Card Stock base. Next, I started stamping on Whisper White Card Stock using the Night In Bethlehem Stamp Set with the Marbled Stamp with Marina Mist Ink, then did the same thing with the star but I used Daffodil Delight Ink. This was layered with Island Indigo Card Stock before adhering to the base. I then added a sentiment from the set onto the base using Island Indigo Ink. Before finishing the card I took a scrap piece of Whisper White Card Stock, stamped the Mary & Joseph stamp with Island Indigo Ink & stamped it onto the Marbled Stamp before stamping it onto the paper & cutting it out using the Big Shot with the Bethlehem Edgelits.

     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!