Wednesday, May 17, 2017

BSU051617

Hello stampers,
     WOW, it's hard to believe that I haven't put ink to paper in almost a month. At the end of April, I had to put my oldest baby girl, Cami to sleep as her kidneys began to fail rapidly, it was probably the hardest thing I had to do. She was a very special girl who everybody loved as soon as they met her. She was a stray that was the best kitty & thankful to be off the streets who showered us with lots of kisses. So needless to say, I was pretty much a wreck for about a week. Then with rescue, things have started to ramp up here with kitten season being in full force, I think we took in kittens every day last week & we are bursting at them seems.
     Anyway, I finally took some time to think of a card for this week's BSU challenge which was a color combo of Basic Black, Basic Gray, Real Red & White. In my head, I thought it would be easy but it took me some time to come up with something useable. I started with a Basic Gray Card Stock base followed by a Basic Gray layer of Neutrals DSP. I then took a piece of Whisper White Card Stock using the retiring set Penned & Painted I stamped the background flower in Real Red Ink & the outline of the flower in Memento Black Ink. The sentiment is from a new set called Daisy Delight which I also stamped in Memento Black Ink. Before attaching this piece to the card I backed it with a layer of Basic Black Card Stock.

     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!