Friday, October 28, 2016

BSU102616

Hello stampers,
     Sorry, I forgot to finish the post the other day for the BSU Challenge. This week we focused on the theme of leaves or trees. I don't know about you but I enjoy fall so much more since we moved to New York, I love seeing the fall colors on the trees which seem so vibrant & yet different than California or Texas.
     So for this challenge I went back to the tried & true Lovely As A Tree Stamp Set, it's been a while since I brushed the dust off of that set at least in my house, I know I've done a few cards with Kerri using it. I started off using a Very Vanilla Card Stock piece, then used a technique called "Thumping" on the multiple trees. I started with the lightest color first which was Crushed Curry Marvelous Marker, coloring all the leaves in, then I followed that by tapping or in this case thumping the Cajun Craze & Always Artichoke Marvelous markers in different spots. After I thought the leaves were good I used the Early Espresso Marvelous Marker to color in the ground, trunk & branches of each of the trees, huffed on the stamp really good to moisten the ink back up & stamped it onto the card stock. Next, I used the retired 1" Square Punch to punch out squares of Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze & Always Artichoke Card Stock, then stamped with the little leaf in the set the coordinating ink color. This was all adhered to the base of Early Espresso Card Stock.

     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!