Thursday, August 25, 2016

BSU082416

Hello stampers,
     Dang, I can't believe 2 weeks have gone by with no post, sorry everyone! I really need to step up my game, it's not like I don't have cards to show you especially some swap from VC Rocks, I guess I'm not making the time to do the posts like I should. Hopefully, I'll get my ducks in a row at some point.
     So this week's BSU challenge was a stamp set & we chose to use Work of Art Stamp Set. I'm not exactly sure why I got this set, I know I liked plenty of cards that used it, but I really haven't pulled it out to use it much. Anyway, I really like seeing the out of box ways people use this stamp & so I chose to do a card that Brenda Keenan did & it looks like she got the idea from Jackie Topa.
     I decided I wanted mine to look like a daisy or even a sunflower with the dark center. I started out with the dot in the Work of Art Stamp Set, stamping it in the middle of my Whisper White Card Stock with Early Espresso Ink. Next, I took the smaller of the 2 double brush stroke stamp and made 6 petals using Daffodil Delight Ink, stamped off once, then continued to go around a second time to fill in the blank spots. I used this same stamp to make the leaves using Old Olive Ink. For the sentiment, I again used Early Espresso Ink & the sentiment in the set to make a "thank you" card.
     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!