Thursday, May 19, 2016

BSU051816

Hello stampers,
     Sorry everyone, I've been really bad about updating my blog this month. Between the rescue, VC Rocks! and now my doctor decided to put me on a new med to hopefully keep my migraines away or at least to a minimum, which did not go over well with my body so I'm trying to get back up to a 100%. If it isn't one thing, it is another! The bad thing is, I have cards to share I just haven't gotten around to making posts about them, which is really sad, I mean really the hard part is done all I have to do is type something up.
     So I'm a day behind on posting for the BSU Challenges, but I did post it on the FB group last night, so hopefully that counts. This week we focused on the color combo of Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate & Very Vanilla. I know when we first discussed this color combo I thought nautical. Easier said than done, but I did still keep up with that theme. I started the card with a Night of Navy Card Stock base, followed by a layer of Cherry Cobbler Card Stock. On the main image, I used Very Vanilla Card Stock, then used one of the stamps from the Timeless Textures Stamp Set to stamp a frame/border around the piece using Smoky Slate Ink. I then stamped the ship from the retiring set The Open Sea in Night of Navy Ink, I tried to use another stamp from the texture set for more sea but it wasn't turning out the way I wanted to in my head so I left it as is. Finally, I used the Crazy About You Stamp Set for the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler Ink, used the Triple Banner Punch on each side then around the piece with the same ink. The sentiment was then popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals.

     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: The Open Sea, Crazy About You, Timeless Textures
Ink/Markers: Smoky Slate, Night Of Navy, Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Night Of Navy
Other: Triple Banner Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!