Wednesday, May 4, 2016

BSU050416

Hello stampers,
     Happy merry month of May! WOW 4 days into May & I am swamped with rescue stuff, kitten season started off with a bang on Monday, not that it hadn't already started a few weeks before but sheesh. And let me tell you I've been running ever since, I need stamping time to relax these days.
     This week's BSU challenge is all about the Manly or Father's Day cards. I don't get a lot done in this category, sometimes I do really good & get a few done but most of the time it is just 1 or 2 here or there, I so need to start a stockpile of these instead of waiting to the last minute. I made a very simple card, pretty much monochromatic. I started off with a Crumb Cake Card Stock base, where I stamped the sentiment from The Wilderness Awaits Stamp Set in Early Espresso Ink. Next, I used a Very Vanilla Card Stock layer where I stamped the elk from the same set also in Early Espresso Ink, which I followed with a layer of Early Espresso Card Stock. I debated whether I wanted to color it in but in the end, I decided monochromatic worked best.

     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: The Wilderness Awaits
Ink/Markers: Early Espresso
Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!