Tuesday, January 12, 2016

BSU011316

Hello stampers,
     Happy Wednesday y'all! Today's BSU challenge is all about Punch Art which we are considering a technique. It's been awhile since I've made anything with my punches, I forgot how I used to enjoy making things. I'll have to get back to doing it more.
     I decided that I wanted to make a card using a snowman. Why? Because it started snowing here last night & I had to drive in it, YUCK! Luckily it wasn't too bad & it was only around the corner, but I'm not a snow driving type of girl, I'm from Southern Cali for pete's sake! For the base, I used Whisper White Card Stock, followed by a layer of Basic Black Card Stock. Next, I used Soft Sky Card Stock as the foundation for my punch art that I stamped with snowflakes from the Sheltering Tree Stamp Set in White Craft Ink, then I fussy cut some hills into Whisper White Card Stock to make drifts (hopefully none of this will be seen in the morning!) & added one of the sentiments from the same set. Finally, I began putting my snowman together using 1 3/8" & 1 3/4" Circle Punches (head & body), Modern Label Punch (scarf, retired), Large Oval Punch (brim of hat), Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (nose), Decorative Label Punch (top of the hat cutting some of it off to look more squarish). I then adhered it so the bottom of the snowman was just under the drift. I think this would make a cute Love or Anniversary card & may very well use it for mine at the end of the month.
     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Sheltering Tree
Ink/Markers:Memento Black, Basic Black
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Basic Black, Merry Moments DSP (retired)
Other: 1 3/8" & 1 3/4" Circle Punches, Modern Label Punch (retired), Large Oval Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Decorative Label Punch
Technique: Punch Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!