Tuesday, January 5, 2016

BSU010616

Hello stampers,
     Happy New Year my dear stamping friends! I hope your first few days of the New Year have been good so far, mine have been busy, busy! I really hope at some point that things will let up a little so my mojo will return on a regular basis & not just in spurts.
     Today's BSU challenge is all about Sale-A-Bration, have you had a chance to look at this or the new Occasions Mini that started yesterday? I see lots of spring in the air with these catalogs which is somewhat good, because I can think pastels, flowers, butterflies instead of blistery cold & winter white snow. For this challenge I decided to use the Flowering Fields Stamp Set. I also decided for some reason that a tag would go well with this card, so I ended up stamping the dandelions twice with Memento Black Ink, used the Scallop Top Punch to punch the top of my Whisper White Card Stock then added Whisper White Cotton Ribbon to finish off the tag. I colored the dandelions in with Soft Sky & Pear Pizazz Marvelous Markers. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Express Yourself Stamp Set which after putting the card together I realized was retired (OOPSIE!) in Memento Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock which I then used the Banner Punch to punch each end, this was followed by a Soft Sky Card Stock strip that was punched using the Triple Banner Punch. For the background paper I used Wildflower Fields DSP, which I sponged using Soft Sky & Pear Pizazz Ink. For the final parts of the card the DSP was followed by a layer of Pear Pizazz Card Stock & for the base of the card I used Soft Sky Card Stock.
     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE and then to Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did for this week's challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join us and show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Flowering Fields, Express Yourself (retired)
Ink/Markers: Memento Black, Soft Sky, Pear Pizazz
Paper: Whisper White, Pear Pizazz, Soft Sky, Wildflower Fields DSP
Other: Banner Punch, Banner Triple Punch, Scallop Tag Punch, Whisper White Cotton Ribbon
Technique: Sponging

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!