Tuesday, November 24, 2015

BSU112515

Hello stampers,
     Happy Thanksgiving Eve to y'all! I wish you a safe holiday that is hopefully spent with friends & family.
     This week's BSU challenge is all about the Sheltering Tree Stamp Set. I've seen some great cards using this set with a framelit mask & sponging, so this is what I decided to use for this card. For the main stamped image I used a Whisper White Card Stock layer, I stamped the tree trunk from the set using Memento Black Ink. Next, I made a mask using the Leaf Framelits, sponged Soft Sky, Marina Mist & Night Of Navy Ink through the mask then used snow/snowflake from Among The Branches Stamp Set & Happy Scenes Stamp Set in Craft White Ink. For the sentiment I used Happy Scenes Stamp Set in Night Of Navy Ink on Whisper White Card Stock, added Rhinestone Jewel to either side of the sentiment then backed it with Soft Sky Card Stock before adhering to the main stamped image. This was layered with Marina Mist Card Stock, followed by Night of Navy Card Stock base.

     Don't forget to head on over to Carol's blog HERE & Stace's blog HERE. To see what both did this week for this challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too! We have a new Facebook group if you want to join & show us what you came up with HERE.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Sheltering Tree, Among The Branches, Happy Scenes
Ink/Markers: Memento Black, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Night Of Navy
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Night Of Navy
Other: Rhinestone Jewels, Leaf Framelits
Technique: Sponging, Masking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!