Tuesday, October 13, 2015

BSU101415

Hello stampers,
     Welcome back to another week of BSU challenges. This week we've added a new player to the mix, Stace Coombs has joined our team, so make sure you check out her blog along with Carol's their links will be at the end of the post.
     This week our challenge was a technique & we chose to do the Masking/Painter's Tape Technique. I used My Create Ink to help with my color selections. For this card I chose to use the Holly Jolly Greetings Stamp Set. I was going for a wintery feel, but not totally sure I got there with Marina Mist in the mix. So for the masking tape part I used Soft Sky, Pool Party & Marina Mist Ink on retired Glossy Card Stock (knew one day this would come in handy!) Next, I stamped the snowflake & greetings from the above set in Smoky Slate Ink stamping off once on a few snowflakes. I chose to layer the Glossy Card Stock with Pool Party, Marina Mist then Smoky Slate for the card base. I think I'll retry this card with Wisteria Wonder Ink instead of the Marina Mist & see how if I like that better with the rest of the colors, maybe that wouldn't stand out as much. Not having done this technique before, I think it is pretty easy to do & the results would vary each time.
     Now head on over to Carol's blog HERE & Stace' blog HERE. To see what both did this week for this challenge. I'm sure both will be fantastic. Hope you try this challenge out too!

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Holly Jolly Greetings
Ink/Markers: Pool Party, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Smoky Slate
Paper: Glossy, Pool Party, Marina Mist, Smoky Slate
Technique: Masking Tape

1 comment:

  1. Terri it's really pretty. Looking at the photo I think your colors are just fine. Though the wisteria wonder did spark a curiosity. Both of you ladies did a great job with this technique and I'm glad you encouraged me to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!