Wednesday, September 23, 2015

BSU092315

Hello stampers,
     Welcome back to another fun BSU challenge! This week it is all about the Thanful Forest Friends stamp set. I'm not exactly sure what really attracted me to this set, I know I saw a lot of cute things being made with it though.
     For this card, I used Early Espresso Card Stock for thebase & sentiment layer. Next, I took 2 different pieces of the Into The Woods DSP & decided to angle one of them. For the sentiment piece, I used the Early Espresso Marvelous Marker to stamp the "Give Thanks" part of the stamp & use the single border stamp with it instead of the border that went around the sentiment, for the border I used Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry & Tangelo Twist Marvelous Markers. For the final touch I placed 2 Neutrals Candy Dots in between the borders.
     For my second card, I started with an Old Olive Card Stock base followed by a layer of Early Espresso Card Stock that  I embossed with the Woodgrain Textured TIEF & the Big Shot, then wrapped Early Espresso Baker's Twine around it. For the stamped piece, I stamped the bear from the set in Early Espresso Ink & the sentiment I used Early Espresso, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Tangelo Twist, Crushed Curry & Rich Razzleberry Marvelous Markers. This piece was then sponged first with Crushed Curry Ink which I thought was a little too bright so I also sponged it with Tangelo Twist Ink to it as well. This was followed by a layer of Rich Razzleberry Card Stock.
     Remember to head on over to Carol's blog to see what she did this week, I'm sure it will be amazing.

~Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Thankful Forest Friends
Ink/Markers: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist
Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Into The Woods DSP, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Other: Neutrals Candy Dots, Early Espresso Baker's Twine

1 comment:

  1. Very nice job. I've been wanting to color the sentiment like you did. It's a great look. I went for the easy one step route though. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!