Tuesday, September 8, 2015

BSU090915

Hello stampers,
     Welcome back to another weekly challenge from Broke Stampers Unite (formerly known as 2 Broke Stampers)! Yes, in 1 week we've decided to change our name in case in the future we decide to add to our team. So needless to say I didn't get too much stamping done over the holiday weekend like I had hoped & now I have to scramble to get everything I need done by their due dates, luckily for some I have a week or so to go. I also realized I never finished my posts that I had planned on doing for Monday & yesterday, so hope to get those done for next week.
     Now onto the real reason why you came here to see what my cohort & I decided to do this week. I should say this week is all on Carol, she had the wonderful idea of doing inlaid cards. Me, well I was more like "say what? Never done one! What are they?" thus the getting me out of my comfort zone began. I'm sure she'll be saying that for a few of my picks as well. One of the bad things is there aren't too many examples out there when looking for inlaid cards, so I did my own interpretation of it. So if I'm spot on GREAT, YAY me! If not, well I can say I at least tried & that this is what I believe they should look like.
     My first card, I saw a card on Pinterest where the demo did this for a whole background but I decided on just 1 leaf, because I love the look of it. Sorry I don't know who did the card I'm talking about as I lost the card & couldn't find it again. I used Whisper White Card Stock for the card base followed by a layer of Crumb Cake Card Stock which I stamped one of the sentiments from the Remarkable You Stamp Set in Memento Black Ink. For the main image I stamped the biggest leaf from the Lighthearted Leaves Stamp Set, stamped in Memento Black Ink, after that was dry I went around to different areas of the leaf & colored in with the Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen. When all that was done, I went to my Big Shot & die cut the leaf using the Leaflets Framelits, then sponged around the negative piece with Crumb Cake Ink, this was then attached to a Basic Black Card Stock layer which was attached to the card.
      Card #2 was working it's way through my brain as I was finishing the card above. I just hoped that it would turn out the way I wanted to as so many cards lately that I've thought up haven't. I think it turned out pretty much the way I expected it to. For this card I started with an Early Espresso Card Stock base followed by a layer of Old Olive Card Stock. Next came the inlaid part of the card, first I used Real Red Card Stock that was run through the Big Shot to emboss it using the Petals A Plenty TIEF (retired). Next I re-ran this same piece through again but with the Wonderful Wreath Framelits to start the process for the inlaid piece. For the stamped image, I used the Wondrous Wreath Stamp set, stamping the wreath with Old Olive, Always Artichoke & Real Red Ink & the bow with Early Espresso Ink, these were then run through the Big Shot & die cut with the same framelits. For the sentiment, I used Versatile Christmas Stamp Set in Early Espresso Ink, then used the Banner Triple Punch for the ends. For the finishing touches I added Basic Rhinestones to the middle of the bow & to either side of the sentiment.
     I hope you have enjoyed my projects, now head on over to Carol's blog HERE, to see what she came up with for this challenge. 

~Enjoy
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Wondrous Wreath, Versatile Christmas, Lighthearted Leaves, Remarkable You
Ink/Markers: Memento Black, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Real Red, Early Espresso
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Real Red, Old Olive, Early Espresso
Other: Signo Gel Pen, Leaflets Framelits, Wonderful Wreath Framelits, Basic Rhinestones, Banner Triple Punch, Petals A Plenty TIEF (retired)
Technique: Inlaid Cards

1 comment:

  1. Well done Terri well done!! You did a very nice job. I love the sponging around the leaf. Great effect. We learned something new...yaaaaay don't you feel accomplish now??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!