Thursday, June 25, 2015

Sheltering Tree

Hello stampers,
     Good morning! So last night I got to go Celtic Woman in concert once again. While I love their music, I was just a tad disappointed it's like their sound has changed now that the only original member left is Mairead (the fiddle player). But this was the 10th anniversary tour, so I was able to see Alex, however I truly miss Chloe!
     Today's card, is a card I made at one of Kerri's classes this month. I got to try a technique I've seen but never have done, I'm calling it the Watercolor Block Technique. To do this technique you scribble markers on the block & very lightly spritz it with water then press the block onto the paper. For the layers, we started off with the base of the card using Mossy Meadow Card Stock followed by Lost Lagoon Card Stock. For the stamped piece, we used Whisper White Card Stock, stamped the tree from the Sheltering Tree Stamp Set using Memento Black. Next, we did the technique above using Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon & Mossy Meadow Marvelous Markers. We had the option of using 2 sentiments, of course, the card I'm showing I can't remember which set it goes to but the other card I made using the sentiment from the set. Lastly a Regals Candy Dot was added next to the sentiment.
     

~Enjoy
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Sheltering Tree
Ink/Markers: Memento Black, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow
Paper: Whisper White, Lost  Lagoon, Mossy Meadow
Other: Regals Candy Dots, E block
Technique: Watercolor Block

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!