Thursday, February 12, 2015

SFF 021315

Hello stampers,
     Happy Frenzy Friday to y'all, oh & to top it off it's Friday the 13th! I can't believe it's Friday, I lost a day this week somewhere. Today's card is usually due on Wednesday to the group & here I was Wednesday night thinking I was ahead of the game & I'm not sure what caused me to realize that I couldn't go to bed quite yet. Good thing or I wouldn't have a card to show you today. I hope y'all are warmer today than we are supposed to be, we aren't even supposed to be in the double digits today & supposedly we are to wake up to -20. YIKES & this is the reason why I have stayed indoors most of the winter.
     Today's card is a birthday card for the SFF sketch. I started by stamping the roses from the Painted Petals Stamp Set in Blackberry Bliss Ink & the stems in Wild Wasabi Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I then punched the roses out using the 2" Circle Punch, followed by punching a piece of Blackberry Bliss Card Stock with the 2 3/8" Scalloped Circle Punch. I then pulled out my Moonlight DSP pad & cut a 3/4" piece off of the honeycomb paper, where I applied 2 Pearl Basic Jewels at one end. Next I cut 2 pieces of Wild Wasabi Card Stock & stamped the "Happy Birthday" words from Crazy About You Stamp Set. All of the above was then adhered to the Whisper White Card Stock layer then the Wild Wasabi Card Stock base. As an afterthought, I added the splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge set to 2 corners using Wild Wasabi Ink stamped off once before stamping it onto the Whisper White Card Stock piece.

     This week's sketch was created by Carol Read. Hop on over to the SFF blog & check out what the other team members did. Better yet, make your own card based on the sketch below & add your link to this week's challenge. Happy sketching & enjoy your weekend!
** Updated 2/25/15 with sketch
~Enjoy
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Painted Petals, Crazy About You, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink/Markers: Blackberry Bliss, Wild Wasabi
Paper: Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss, Wild Wasabi, Moonlight DSP
Other: 2" Circle Punch, 2 3/8" Scalloped Circle Punch, Pearl Basic Jewels

1 comment:

  1. I just love the colors on this card. Great job!!! I'll be casing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!