Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Ornamental Pine

Hello stampers,
     First & foremost, today is Veteran's Day. To all who have taken the oath to protect our freedoms, THANK YOU! Thank you so much for your service, so that we can have the freedoms we so enjoy today! While today is a the day we celebrate, we should thank those who serve every day for their service. And while I didn't get a post out yesterday, I still would like to wish the Marine Corps a Happy 239th Birthday.
     Today's card is the 4th card I was able to make at Kerri & Mary's Holiday stamp-a-stack. I think this is probably my favorite as well, even though I love them all. It however wouldn't be a card I could or would do in mass quantity because of the wet embossing. I've done it in the past & thought to myself later I was a crazy fool, so I think these ones I made will go to the special people in my life.
     Whisper White Card Stock was used for the base of the card. Followed by Island Indigo, using VersaMark we stamped up the branch & the pine-cone from the Ornamental Pine set from the Holiday Catalog, we also used an embossing pen to make a line from the branch to the pine-cone, covered it with White Embossing Powder & heat set it. We then used the retired Adorning Accents Edgelits to cut a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper. We topped that with Soft Sky, stamped the words from the above set also with Soft Sky & then using the smaller snowflake from Endless Wishes we used Pool Party to offset the color a bit.

~Enjoy
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Ornamental Pine, Endless Wishes
Ink/Markers: VersaMark, Pool Party, Soft Sky
Paper: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Soft Sky, Silver Glimmer
Other: Adorning Accents Edgelits (retired), White Embossing Powder
Technique: Wet Embossing, Die Cutting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!