Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Lovely As A Tree Warm Wishes

Hello stampers,
     Happy Thursday! Today's card is an oldie but goodie for Throwback Thursday, I made it many moons ago at my friend Kelly's house & I just came across it. (Does that tell you I tend to keep stuff???) I'm sure I showcased this on my old website before I turned to blogging, but I wanted to share it here, because it uses a technique that I love & that I've totally forgotten about over the years. And it is yet another example to make as a Christmas card.
     This card uses the Polished Stone Technique, an easy but messy one. For the base Always Artichoke Card Stock was used & stamped with the pine-cone stamp from Lovely As A Tree using Always Artichoke Ink. The single tree from the above set is stamped onto an already dried Polished Stone piece of Glossy White with Basic Black, using our glue pen we added some Dazzling Diamond Glitter to bling it up. We used the retired Ticket Corner Punch on the tree & Bashful Blue Card Stock & then backed that with Mellow Moss. In the corner we used the retired Photo Corners Punch to punch out an Early Espresso piece, then added some retired Antique Brass Brads. We finished the card with the word piece (of which I can't remember the stamp name to) on Whisper White, backed by Mellow Moss & Bashful Blue, adding a Mellow Moss Gingham Ribbon knot to finish it off.

~Enjoy
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Lovely As A Tree
Ink/Markers: Basic Black, Always Artichoke
Paper: Whisper White, Glossy White, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Mellow Moss (retired) & Bashful Blue (retired)
Other: Antique Brass Brads (retired), Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Mellow Moss Gingham Ribbon (retired), Photo Corners Punch (retired), Ticket Corner Punch (retired)
Technique: Polished Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!