Sunday, October 26, 2014

Like It A Latte

Hello stampers,
     Hope you are having a good start to your Monday. So I must ask have y'all ever been scared by thunder/lightning storms? Holy cow we had one come through on Saturday night that we weren't really expecting. I had heard the thunder & was trying to figure it out what it was as it was still off in the distance, looked on my weather app & saw rain coming our way so I figured what I was hearing & what was shaking the windows a bit was thunder. The next thing I know lightning filled the sky & hit really close to make a big BOOM. I swear it hit right in the middle of my back yard from the way it sounded. HOLY COW, I'm surprised my cats didn't go running & trying to find a place to hide especially my big guy, Taz, who hates storms. So with that it brought some chill to my bones, because my home thermometer was reading 72, but I could have sworn it was like 45 for how cold I felt. So needless to say & to bring a long story to its end, it brought on the idea for today's card.
     My favorite hot drink of choice is hot chocolate, I can't stand coffee nor the way it smells. I know I'm weird, but  that is just the way it is. For today's card I used the retired set called Like It A Latte, and yes while it is a "coffee" set I choose to believe that on the card is hot chocolate with whipped cream on it even if there are coffee beans for the background.
     For the base of the card I used Chocolate Chip Cardstock, topped it with Whisper White Cardstock which I stamped coffee beans in Chocolate Chip ink. The middle layer is uses the retired Loves Me DSP backed it with Chocolate Chip Cardstock & topped it off with a Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon knot. For the final layer, I stamped the cup & whipped cream in Chocolate Chip ink onto the Whisper White Cardstock, then backed that with retired Taken With Teal & Regal Rose Cardstock to match the colors in the DSP.


~Enjoy
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Like It A Latte (retired)
Ink/Markers: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Taken With Teal (retired), Regal Rose (retired), Loves Me DSP (retired)
Other: 1/4" Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!