Thursday, September 25, 2014

SFF092614 Cheerful Christmas

Hello stampers,
     Welcome back to another week of Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenges. This week my sketch goes where most of you probably don't want to think of yet, Christmas. I really hope to do better this year on getting my Christmas cards out towards the beginning of December versus days before Christmas. When we were stationed over in Japan, I never had a problem getting them out on time, but these last few years I've struggled. When do you start thinking about making your cards?  
     I'm hoping to have some ideas for Christmas to share with you starting next month, it's not Christmas in July but close enough, right?
      So onto my card for this week's sketch. I used the Cheerful Christmas set out of the holiday catalog once again, but this time I used the big worded stamp, that seems a bit rustic to me. I used the retired DSP called Frostwood Lodge, but you could easily replace this with the Hardwood or the retired Woodgrain background stamp, for a wooded rustic feel. One of my favorite color combos for Christmas is Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive & Early Espresso, so that is what I chose here. The actual stamp I used markers instead of ink to put color where I wanted it. Remember, if you use markers you have to huff on the stamp to moisten the color before you stamp on the paper. To continue the background look, I inked a small portion of the Hardwood background stamp to make the small banners in the same ink color as the paper. I hope you enjoy!

     Here is this week's sketch, hop on over to the SFF blog & check out what the other team members did. Better yet, make your own card based on the sketch below & add your link to this week's challenge.



~Enjoy
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Sets: Cheerful Christmas, Hardwood
Ink/Markers: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Early Espresso
Paper: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Frostwood Lodge DSP (retired)
Other: Oval Collection Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon (retired)

2 comments:

  1. Great Card Terri, Love that color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, beautiful Christmas card! And I love the rustic feel to it! That Christmas Cheer sentiment looks so great in the oval. Hmm...might end up with that set from the Holiday Catalog after all. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!