Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Stamp Room

As you can see I changed to some festive blog decor for July, I know I'm early but with all the talk from my friends about being to change your background I thought I would give it a try. However, the downfall was that it made me go back to a 2 column vs. 3 column blog, but I'll see how I like it & go from there.

So today all  the stars lined up & I got a few pics of what my stamp room looks like now. It's not 100% but as good as it is going to get until I figure out the final details of where some things should go or if I still need them.

So here is the before pic...
And here are some pictures from today.....

This bookcase has all of my catalogs, magazines, sketches & color palettes. I have a few more frames that need to be done up & they will go up on top & on either side of the tile.
 This is my wall of bookcases which are from IKEA (Billy) they house all my stamps along with my embossing powders, ribbons, contraband (cricut cartridges), wheels, current projects, etc. If you look at the middle the black & purple cases hold smaller embellishments like buttons, eyelets & brads.I also display all the things I have made at Maria's & Kelly's or that were sent to me as gifts up across the top of the shelves.
 This is how I store my sponges & daubers, each container holds a separate rainbow color. This is the only time or place that I have sorted by rainbow color & not by collection due to the fact that I also have retired colors in these containers. The containers on the right hold extra punched pieces.
 My punches  are held on the wall by Bygel kitchen rods from IKEA I haven't figured out a way to store the new punches, I don't care for them on these rods as they don't like to stay too well, so for now they are on the white blocks. The white blocks hold all my cards, tools, alterable stuff,, ink refills & much more.
 Here is my not so done desk, I tried to do a few cards & instead all I did was sit & stare. On my desk you will see the round utensil holder which is from Pampered Chef & I use it to house my scissors, rulers, stencil brushes & my blender pens/painters. I also use a box that all 12 of my ink pads come in to store my scraps of paper in until I transfer them to the white unit under my desk. The other plastic containers hold extra & retired paper.
This is my 8.5x11 paper holder from IKEA Germany. I love it because it is on wheels & can move around the room with me if need be.
This is my cutting, big shot & cricut station all rolled into one. The cutting station (butcher block) & big shot station (small billy) are both from IKEA. The cutting station is tall enough that I can use it to stamp standing up if my back starts giving me trouble. The 2 white boxes hold all my embossing folders & the rest of the tools for the big shot. On top of it is actually a drawer that belongs under my desk, but this is where my scraps go after all is said & done.
 Last but not least, this is my IRIS containers (actually it is 2 put together) they hold all my retired 12x12 DSP & some non-SU! punches. Underneath is where the 12x12 cardstock is stored, I've had this storage box forever & just couldn't see getting rid of it to buy more storage for what is already in it.
So like I said it isn't 100% still have some adjustments, but I don't think I'll get to them anytime soon. For those who would like to know the color on my walls is SU! retired color Cool Caribbean. I hope you enjoyed your little tour, if you have any questions just ask.
Now I'm going to go try to stamp something, wish me LUCK!!!!
~Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. OMG I am SOOOOO jealous!!! And the sad part is i have half a basement I can do this in and haven't////you just might be the inspiration I need! WOW Terri - AWESOME job!!! can you please move to MA so we can be closer and get together weekly again? I so miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great space!!! Looks like everything is right at hand!!! Enjoy your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! You have been working quite a bit. It looks so awesome, it makes me want to stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!