Monday, September 6, 2010

Friends 24-7 & Color Challenge

So how was everybody's long weekend? I went to one of the big box craft stores on Saturday to get me another VersaMark pad since I still haven't found mine & I found out how much of an enabler my husband can truly be. I had to look at punches since they were on sale, yes I do buy contraband stuff but at least it's contraband from the same companies Stampin' Up! uses so I get points for that right? Anyways found a few that I had to get & then my hubby was like how about this or this or this. So I ended up getting my VersaMark, punches & some new Sizzix dies & embossing folders. I think next time I will remember to go craft shopping on one of my days off instead of while we are out together. Then yesterday was a very lazy day for both of us, we lounged around & caught up on some of our shows that we are so behind on.

Lord have mercy, I am finally done with this card. I won't tell you exactly how long this card took, but I went to bed very early this morning frustrated to no end because I couldn't get it to look like what was in my head and after a few more tries today it still doesn't look like it, but in the end this is the way it turned out. I hope you like it. Of course, I am using this week's Curtain Call Challenge, hop on over there & take the challenge for yourself.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated:
Sets: Friends 24-7
Ink/Markers: Basic Black, Poppy Parade, Pear Pizazz, Peach Parfait
Paper: Poppy Parade, Pink Pirouette, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizazz, Whisper White
Other: Crystal Effects (flowers), Scallop Trim Border, non-SU embossing folder

6 comments:

  1. so pretty, Terri! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for playing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...very pretty card Terry!!! The embossing is a wonderful idea!!! Thank you for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the embossing and that flower image. Great use of the colors! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple and lovely! The embossed background is beautiful, and I love the punched borders. Thanks so much for playing this week at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!