Friday, August 27, 2010

Trendy Trees

Happy Friday everyone!

I was quite surprised to see how many of you there are here on my blog, I don't know when you all sneaked in but I'm glad you are all here.

A few days ago I asked some of the Yahoo! groups I'm on, where they go to get color/sketch challenges & boy they didn't disappoint there, I got lots & lots of links. So today I decided to start out 2 sketches one a color & the other the actual sketch. The sketch challenge is SSSC82 from The Sweetest Thing & the color challenge Curtain Call 42 from Stacey's Stamping Stage. I liked these colors because they remind me of fall & I so desperately want it to be fall here in TX, so perhaps the temp would go down slightly. The leaves on the tree are double stamped once with Pear Pizazz & then Peach Parfait. I know Stampin' Up! said at convention about cards being clean & simple. I think this card might fit the bill although to me I still feel it is missing something perhaps the sentiment but I couldn't decide on which one I wanted to use nor where to put it.  So if you have any suggestions, let me know. Thanks

Supplies:
Set: Trendy Trees
Paper: Very Vanilla, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizazz, Early Espresso
Ink: Peach Parfait, Pear Pizazz, Early Espresso
Other: Sponging, Harlequin Texturz Plate, 2 3/8 scallop circle punch, Circles #2 die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love getting feedback, it's so encouraging!